Sometimes it’s difficult to know what to concentrate on when you’re starting a bathroom remodeling project. We’ve provided some handy tips to help you prioritize your needs and make your remodeling project go even more smoothly.
- Set a realistic budget for yourself and stick to it. Do some research beforehand to make sure that the amount you have set aside will be sufficient to do the job well.
- Choose your fixtures wisely. It’s not every day that you will be ripping out a shower or bathtub. It’s okay to spend several days deciding what shower or bathtub you’d like to install; after all, you’ll have to live with it for a long time. Visit several different stores—there are many in the Indianapolis area.
- Try it out. You wouldn’t buy a new pair of shoes without trying them on, so why would you buy a new bathtub without sitting in it at least once? Likewise, sit on the toilets in the showroom, play with the taps and faucets, and make sure the vanity is just the right height.
- Make environmentally-conscious choices when you pick out fixtures. The extra money you spend now on water- and energy-saving fixtures and lighting will help you save on your utility bills down the road.
- Good lighting is essential in a bathroom. Various types of lighting fixtures should be included and placed so as to minimize shadows. For example, you will want light above the mirror and in the shower, in addition to the general ambient lighting.
- Choose durable bathroom flooring. When you remodel a bathroom, you want to make sure your flooring can withstand the humidity of everyday bathroom life. Ceramic, glass or porcelain tiles, cork and bamboo are all great bathroom options.
- Add a few luxury items. Home remodeling takes into account both function and form—you’re free to add your own decorative touches once everything else is in place. What nourishes your soul and inspires you? Long baths in a soaker tub? Soothing music to start your day? The sparkle of recycled glass tiles or of crystals in a chandelier? Your favorite photograph in a vintage frame? These are just a few ideas to get you thinking of luxuries to include for yourself.
If you need any more help getting started on your bathroom remodeling project, feel free to contact us. Hearn Construction is committed to serving customers throughout North Central Indiana. Call us at (765) 452-2669 to speak to a reliable contractor today.